At Baker & Baker Attorneys at Law, our practice is dedicated to helping individuals deal with estate planning, guardianship, Medicaid eligibility and similar elder care issues. Brenda Baker, former president of the Corpus Christi Bar Association, and Edwin Baker, a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, have been providing legal services to residents of the Coastal Bend for nearly 35 years and are highly educated and skilled attorneys.
Brenda Baker brings years of experience and skill to legal issues dealing with the elderly — especially in probate and estate administration. Edwin Baker, who also holds an MBA, is one of the few attorneys in Texas who is also a state and nationally certified private professional guardian.
Our support staff members have their own unique skills in the areas of probate, guardianship, Medicaid eligibility and other aspects of elder law. One of our legal assistants, Sharon Knapp, is also a certified private professional guardian. Another member of our team, Ginger Yount, has spent years helping our clients qualify for Medicaid benefits. All are licensed notaries.
If you have a parent or another loved one who may no longer be able to take care of himself or herself, it is natural to be concerned. The fear of doing the wrong thing is real, and it is debilitating. Deciding what to do can be difficult, but we can help because our lawyers:
- Listen carefully to understand your situation
- Bring years of training and experience to the process
- Carefully explain your legal options
- Prepare the tools you need: your wills and trusts, powers of attorney, guardianship applications and necessary probate documents
- Thoroughly discuss the requirements and procedures for obtaining long-term care Medicaid benefits and protecting your assets at the same time
- Know the Corpus Christi area and can refer you to numerous health care providers, nursing homes and other elder care facilities and service providers
Baker and Baker mentioned in the Corpus Christi Business News - read more
Learn more about the members of our South Texas law firm by clicking on the links below:
Baker & Baker Attorneys
Baker & Baker Staff Members
Contact Our Elder Law Lawyers Serving Corpus Christi
To discuss your concerns with an attorney at Baker & Baker, contact us online or call us at 361-371-4133.